Introduction to Marine Operations and Environment
This course is perfect for:
- Onshore Operations Managers
- Other Project Managers
About this course:
On completion of this course the delegate will be better aware of the capabilities & constraints of survey, construction and repair vessels operating within offshore wind farms, which will greatly assist in day to day project management.
This course will assist Onshore Managers in improving their planning and management skills through better understanding of vessel operations and constraints. The course also focuses on communication & information transfer between onshore and offshore management teams.
What experience/qualifications do I need to book a place?
There are no academic or technical pre-requisites for attendance on this course.
What will I learn?
- Preparation & Planning
- Generating Work Scopes & Requests for Quotation
- Project Document Control
- Role of the Offshore Representative
- Briefing & Debriefing Offshore Representatives
- Communicating with your offshore team
- Vessel selection & Audit – fit for purpose
- Environmental factors
- Risk Registers, Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments
- SIMOPS (simultaneous operations)
- Dealing with Incidents
- Consistency within the Management Team
- Contractual Implications and Responsibilities
- Progress Reports, Feedback & Analysis
- Practical Planning Exercises & Examples