Understanding Subsea Power Cables
This course is perfect for:
Those who have a basic understanding of offshore operations who require a good understanding of all aspects of subsea cable operations
About this course:
Covering aspects such as the transformation of subsea power cables from early prototypes to their modern counterparts, you’ll develop your understanding of the application of subsea power cables.
The Understanding Subsea Power Cables course covers the tools and techniques used throughout operational stages, handling cables in storage through to laying and protection on the seabed, using real examples and scenarios to enhance your learning.
What experience/qualifications do I need to book a place?
There are no academic or technical pre-requisites for attendance on this course.
What will I learn?
The history and development of subsea power cables, exploring the development of installation techniques, problems and faults encountered, and the legal and environmental considerations.
The role of the fibre optic cables in the wider subsea power cable industry, followed by a more detailed look at the power cable. Covering all aspects throughout their life cycle, including the specific issues and challenges encountered at each stage, such as:
- Maintaining product integrity at all stages, specifications data and tolerances
- Cable storage and management onshore
- Cable handling machinery and equipment
- Load out procedures and techniques
- Cable testing and monitoring at all stages of the process
- Jointing techniques and equipment
- Cable transportation handling and storage offshore
- Cable lay vessels, barges and equipment and the techniques use
- Fault identification locating and repair
- Issues associated with repairs and rectification
- Burial and other protection techniques