Offshore Client Representative
This course is designed for:
- Individuals who wish to fully understand the role and operate effectively as a vessel based client representative.
- Individuals with significant operational experience who now want to move into the client representative role.
- Individuals with less experience but are aiming to fill the client representative role at a later date.
- Office based personnel who manage or direct offshore client representatives.
About this course:
The course was designed for experienced offshore renewables personnel, enabling them to confidently monitor vessel based offshore procedures on behalf of clients. However, it has been very popular with personnel from and oil & gas background.
It covers the many aspects that an effective offshore client representative needs to be aware of, particularly the best approach to observing and reporting a wide variety of operations.
We provide two options for the delivery of this course:
- Classroom Based – Three full days
- Live Virtual sessions – Five consecutive sessions
What experience/qualifications do I need to book a place?
To maximise the benefit of this course, delegates should have a thorough grounding in vessel based offshore construction, and ideally 3 or more years’ experience in an associated specialisation (e.g. Lifting, ROV, Survey, Cable Laying, Wind Turbines etc.)
What does the course cover?
- Formal and informal methods of communication
- Written, verbal & video communication
- Project Phases (role of the client representative)
- Project Close out
- Personal Requirements
- Assertiveness vs. aggression
- Building relationships
- Projecting the correct image
- Contract Law
- Contractual implications and responsibilities
- Results from actions
- Contractual relationships
- Project Documentation
- Company Procedures – Onshore and Offshore
- Safety documentation
- Event Logs
- Health and Safety
- Safe working practices
- Risk assessment and reporting
- Vessel inspections
- Offshore hazards
- Concept of ALARP
- Incident reporting / Accident investigation
- Practical Marine Operations
- Close proximity to structures
- Practical risk assessment
- Environmental considerations
- Risk assessment and reporting
- Incident reporting
“OMPA's Offshore Client Representative Course succeeds in delivering a wealth of knowledge and information, and it does so succinctly and efficiently with a very short time-frame. The delivery of the course was both professional and well organised, and I can't praise the course tutor Captain Andy Readyhough - enough. He was the high point of an already first class experience. The course was indeed money well spent and would like to thank all concerned.”
“It was brilliant to have an instructor with many years of experience so all questions were answered in great detail”
“The trainer was eloquent and seem very experienced, great time attending his course”
“Very well structured course that covers all the aspects that can be encountered in the different offshore sectors and across different offshore industries. A sort of "glue" that put all the pieces of my offshore experience together. ”
“Although I have been working offshore for well over 20 years now, I found this course to be not only very informative, interesting and enjoyable, but very valuable. It was delivered in a very professional manner and at the right level. We are always learning and I certainly did learn quite a few things during this course which will assist me in being able to perform the duties of an Offshore CR to an even better standard. These comments not only applies to the instructor, but to all at OMPA who made this course possible during these unprecedented times, well done to you all. ”