Introduction to Offshore Wind Renewables
This course is perfect for:
- Non-engineers who would benefit from understanding the offshore renewable energy industry
- Engineers who are new to this area of work or making the transition from another industry
About this course:
The Introduction to Offshore Wind course provides individuals with basic awareness of the offshore wind energy industry.
Gain an overview of all aspects of the industry, and how an offshore wind farm transforms from concept, through the planning and permissions stages, to the final construction and operation.
What experience/qualifications do I need to book a place?
There are no academic or technical pre-requisites for attendance on this course.
What will I learn?
- The history of offshore wind and its development starting from the onshore side
- Green targets in the UK and how they impact the development of wind farms
- The government stance towards renewable energy, the low carbon agenda and the impact on the industry in the UK
- Renewable obligations and how they are used within the industry
- The Crown Estate and the role it plays
- Rounds 1, 2, and 3 and the lessons learnt and how they have been carried forward into future developments
- Relevant representative bodies and their roles within the industry
- The consenting process and the requirements for information collection
- The role of subsea survey throughout wind farm development
- The key components of a wind farm including the turbine, cables, and all other plant
“Thanks to the OMPA team for this great course - it gave me an excellent technical base to help me understand our clients' businesses and issues more fully.”