Senior Project Engineer - OPP230412
Offshore MPA support and supply the highest quality workforce for both the onshore and offshore operations of the renewables, oil & gas, telecommunications and marine industries.
We are currently working with a client actively looking to fill a Senior project engineer position.
Duration: Perm. – Full Time
Location: Chelmsford -opportunity to be hybrid/office based– although will consider UK (remote) candidates
Scope of Work:
- To co-ordinate and develop project and vessel specific technical documentation (budgets, procedures, methodologies etc.), ensuring each operation of a particular project has been carefully planned, documented and compliant with Company QHSE Policies.
- To co-ordinate the development of project procurement including the preparation of provisioning/sub-contracting scopes of work, acting both as a Client and Contractor, and evaluate sub-contractor’s proposals on a technical and commercial basis ensuring cost effective and technically compliant solutions are progressed.
- To liaise with the Offshore Installation Manager and Vessel Master to ensure that all operational procedures and requirements are prepared, communicated and observed in order to successfully carry out its required scope of operations.
- Provide onsite/offshore engineering to support the Offshore Installation Manager as required. Ensuring projects are delivered in a sound and safe manner. This will involve the co-ordination of and delivery of project HIRAs.
- Checking and approving of drawings and operational storyboards from review to construction, up to as-built revisions.
- Review and assess Route Position Lists and survey data, ensuring installation risks and challenges are captured and mitigations implemented.
- Prepare and use quality documentation such as FAT plans and ITPs as required.
- Carry out detailed Project Risk reviews, ensuring that risks are mitigated as far as reasonably practicable and provide updates to the Project Manager for maintenance of the project risk register.
- To conduct operations with an awareness of project contractual and commercial implications. To monitor costs where appropriate and to have responsibility for expended gear returns.
- Support adhoc requests from Project Management and Proposals teams across the group.
- Ensure operations undertaken comply with the Client’s environmental and Health and Safety policy and ensure that all practical measures are taken to protect the environment, prevent pollution and conduct operations in safe and recognised methods.
- To oversee the mobilisation of vessels ensuring each vessel is fully equipped with required project equipment and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and readiness.
- Promote continuous operational improvements. This will include reviewing and continuously updating general working practices.
- Maintain a record of successes, issues, and potential improvements in a Lessons Learnt register.
Certification & Training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages, MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
- 5+ years experience in offshore vessel based work with a background vessel operations and subsea installation engineering.
- Experience in International project work
- Cable Lay/Subsea Construction experience
- Telecommunications installation experience
- Cable repair experience
- Willing to travel both nationally and internationally
- Willing to work offshore on an occasional basis
- Well versed in work package breakdown, scheduling and technical project management.
- Good communication Skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Good organisational skills
- Qualification – Engineering Degree or equivalent (preferred)
In addition to the above skills, the ideal candidate should have the below to be considered for this role:
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Offshore Survival & Medical
- Full UK Driving License
If you are a Senior project engineer looking for your next role, please get in touch today to discuss the role in more detail. You can hit ‘apply’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now
Share this job:
Number of positions:
Permanent - Full Time
Senior Project Engineer