Senior Cable Route Engineer - OPP230411
Offshore MPA support and supply the highest quality workforce for both the onshore and offshore operations of the renewables, oil & gas, telecommunications and marine industries.
We are currently working with a client actively looking to fill a Senior Cable Route Engineer position.
Duration: Perm. – Full Time
Location: Chelmsford -opportunity to be hybrid/office based– although will consider UK (remote) candidates
Salary: 36- 40.5K
Min Experience: 5 years
You will work within the clients small team of geologists, marine surveyors and permitting specialists in their route planning team, managing the delivery of technical design studies that quantify potential risks to future submarine cable systems, using their corporate GIS and marine survey and cable data.
Offshore cable route engineering is a multi-disciplinary activity, and they welcome applicants with a range of complementary industry backgrounds. These complementary roles include hydrographic surveyors, terrestrial FO cable network construction managers, environmental permitting or engineering for offshore renewable energy projects.
Many of the tasks and activities delivered by this role require specialist knowledge of marine cable installation. A structured in-house training and development program will be provided to help personal career development.
- Project manage and deliver Desk Top Studies and other technical design studies acting as a lead for the clients cable route engineering activities
- Utilise previous complementary experience to expand the knowledge of the clients route engineering department
- Assessment of marine survey data and reporting for use in cable routeing and burial analysis
- Providing technical input for subsea cable route engineering consultancy bids
- Undertake route engineering tasks using specialised GIS software
- Attend meetings, representing the client
- Generation of cable route position lists and straight line diagrams which define a cable route
- Present internally and externally on work undertaken in this role
- Suitable earth science degree (hydrographic surveying, marine geophysics)
- Experience in at least one complementary skillset or role. Examples;
- Terrestrial FO cable network construction for submarine cable projects – beach works and backhaul/fronthaul to local POPs
- Marine survey experience
- Offshore renewable energy project engineering
- Submarine cable permitting and environmental assessment
- Experience of using GIS (Intergraph GeoMedia/ESRI) software or equivalent
- Computer literate, with experience of technical software programmes
- An attention to detail and a logical approach
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Full UK Driving license
- Knowledge of the offshore environment
If you are a Senior Cable Route Engineer looking for your next role, please get in touch today to discuss the role in more detail. You can hit ‘apply’ or email your CV to email@example.com.Apply Now
Share this job:
Number of positions:
Permanent - Full Time
Senior Cable Route Engineer