Onshore Export Cable Installation Engineer - 200194
We are recruiting a Onshore Export Cable Installation Engineer for one of our fantastic clients. The role will begin in August 2020 for an initial 6 months with a view of extending for a further two years.
The main role of the Installation Engineer is to ensure that the design, manufacture, transportation, installation and testing of the onshore export cable systems is planned and executed safely, on-time, on budget and in accordance with the projects technical requirements.
You will be responsible for undertaking project engineering duties in accordance with the work package engineering plan, this shall include:
- Completion of engineering studies and management of consultant engineers.
- Development of technical specification, review of tender submissions and completion of technical assessments of the bids.
- Management of Contractor’s engineering deliverables.
- Undertake resident engineer duties at manufacturing facility or construction site.
In addition to the project-based duties you may be requested to provide technical support to the Function Manager to participate in departmental initiatives.
- Specific onshore cable installation experience gained within renewables industry.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with a solid grasp of engineering control in large-scale project delivery environment.
- Knowledge and experience of construction health and safety requirements.
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications.
- Self-motivated, with effective personal organisation and planning skills.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent project engineering, inter-personal and communications skills.
- In depth knowledge of current standards and guidelines for the installation of onshore power cable systems including the planning and execution of onshore cable operations.
- In depth knowledge/understanding of current standards and guidelines for the design, manufacture, installation and testing of onshore power cables.
- In depth knowledge/understanding of cable burial techniques and operations.
- In depth knowledge/understanding of electrical safety for cable jointing and termination works.
- Knowledge of quality management systems required for cable installation projects.
- Understanding of geotechnical and geophysical survey techniques and reports.
- Flexibility to travel
Share this job:
Number of positions:
6 Months with potential for extension