Wind Blade Repair Technician Package
This course is designed for individuals with little to no prior experience in the wind industry who desire to work as Wind Blade Repair Technicians. A Wind Blade Technician is responsible for the internal and external inspections of wind blades, spinners, and nacelles upon a wind turbine. They are also responsible for providing maintenance support and carrying out large component replacements if necessary. They may additionally have to document their discoveries and assemble all required paperwork.
An electrical or mechanical background is recommended.
Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course.
- This package includes 22 days of practical and safety training.
- Access for 90 days to the Introduction to Offshore Wind Renewables course
- Immediate access to CV upgrade service
This package includes:
- Introduction to Offshore Wind Renewables course
- If you are new to the world of Offshore Wind this course is a must have! It provides an overview of the full lifecycle of an offshore wind farm from planning to operations and maintenance. This fully online, flexible course will provide you with the background knowledge necessary to kick start to your offshore career!
- Full Basic Safety Training GWO – These 5 modules are mandatory for all offshore personnel
- GWO Working at Height
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Blade Repair Training
- This training provides the skills, knowledge and confidence to demonstrate safe craftsmanship when working with blade repair and inspection in the wind industry. You will learn to repair the damage to a wind turbine blade and bring it back to its original form while maintaining an aerodynamical state.
- IRATA Rope Access Level One
- This course provides the practical skills and knowledge required for anyone working in any type of rope access role.
- OGUK Medical and Chester Step
- Every offshore worker must pass an offshore medical examination which classifies them as medically fit to work in the offshore environment. The Chester Step Test is a means of gauging fitness by measuring the ability to recover from exertion.
- CV Upgrade
- Your CV is key to your success in securing your dream role! This bespoke CV writing service includes direct contact with a CV specialist to create a new professional CV which has been customised for your desired job role. Your CV will be tailored to highlight your skills and experience to give you the best possible chance in your new industry!
- Free trial subscription to Renews – Digital Renewable Publication