Introduction to Survey
For Managers and Non-Surveyor Representatives
This course is perfect for:
- Individuals at managerial or supervisory level during subsea survey operations
- Individuals looking to move into this area, possessing a basic understanding and wanting to supplement this knowledge
About this course:
Investigate all aspects of the subsea survey process and operation, including control requirements, before building your awareness and understanding of the role and responsibilities of managers and no-surveyor representatives during the process.
Currently being developed to be delivered Online. Please enquire for more information.
What experience/qualifications do I need to book a place?
There are no academic or technical pre-requisites for attendance on this course.
What will I learn?
- Geodesy and Co-ordinate systems
- Surface navigation systems
- Subsurface positioning systems
- Survey tools
- Echosounder & Multibeam Systems
- Sidescan Sonar
- Shallow Seismic Tools (Chirp & Sub-bottom profilers)
- 3-D real time sonar systems
- Cable & Pipe Trackers
- Gravity Corers and Vibro-corers
- Cone Penetrometer Testing / Torvane / Mini-CPT rigs
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV)
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
- Survey Integration to Ship’s & ROV’s systems
- Sea-trials & Calibrations
- Tides & Tidal Streams
- Data Processing
- Survey Reporting (Provisional & Final)
- Digital Data and GIS
- Survey positioning for Construction Vessel Support
- Subsea Surveys conducted by ROV