GWO Basic Safety Training & Refresher (Full Course)
This course is for
Individuals seeking all the basic safety training needed to operate safely in the wind industry.
About this course
Designed to provide training in the essential five elements resulting in a comprehensive knowledge and ability to be responsible for yourself and others, whilst being able to perform emergency procedures in case of rescue or first aid situations. All the courses are tailored to the wind farm environment to offer the most realistic training available.
This 6 day course comprises of:
- Sea Survival and Marine Transfer
- Working at Height and Rescue
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Fire Awareness
What experience / qualifications do I need to book a place?
You must be 18 or over.
There are no academic or technical pre-requisites for attendance on this course, but all candidates will be required to present the following:
- A current medical fit to work certificate
- Valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving License
What will I learn?
See details on GWO course pages
What do I need to bring?
- Appropriate clothing to climb in (we advise loose clothing which does not hinder your movement)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions (Parts of the training may take place outside)
- Safety footwear
- Swimwear (Towel, swimming costume etc.) We have on site changing rooms and showers.
- Reading glasses if required for any theory work
5.5 – 6 days